A simple portable speech playback device designed for recording human voice for playback when keys are selected
Shelf Stock Clearance - Existing stock now available at this reduced price while stocks last!
The Talara-32 is no longer available from Spectronics but accessories for it are still available.
The Talara-32 is a communication system with levels, direct and switch/scanning access and flexible size key patterns making it easily customisable for both children and adults with wide ranging abilities and needs. It is similar in many respects to the popular ZYGO Macaw, however the Talara-32 is simpler and some of the more sophisticated functions of the Macaw are not available in the Talara-32 – to make a more straight-forward device where you don’t need to pay for features you won’t be using.
The Talara-32 has 2 modes:
- PLAY – this mode is for the “user”. The messages are selected and spoken when the user selects a key either by pressing it directly, or by using a switch with scanning. The messages are usually represented with a paper overlay, which may display pictures, photos, graphics or words.
- RECORD – this mode is for the “support” or “carer” people who will be setting up the device for the user. In this mode the support person can set the size of the keys and record the messages. Some characteristics are changed using controls on the side of the unit (i.e. scan speed and scanning mode).
- the number and size of keys can be readily changed to suit people with varying visual, physical and cognitive abilities. Key patterns are shown below. Change the key patterns from 2, 4-vertical, 4-quadrant, 8, 16, to 32-key according to development or changes of the user. All levels must have the same key-pattern.
- hinged overlay retainer and keypad cover protects overlays and makes overlay change easy
- 45 minutes of available recording time can be used flexibly. There is no restriction of recording time per key – as there often is with other devices in this category.
- switch scanning support (visual scanning modes for single switch access: manual linear / automatic linear / row-column scanning)
- ‘no dead spaces’ on keyboard
- power OFF without losing recordings
- ergonomic shape with rigid handle for carrying
- simplicity and light weight
Click here to see more of the Talara-32.
Click here to see a comparison between the Talara-32 and the MACAW 5.
The Talara-32 is supplied with:
- keyboard frame (overlay retainer)
- sample set of colour overlays
- set of blank overlay templates
- warranty registration card
- neck strap
- operation manual
The Talara-32 can also be purchased in a Kit Pack. The Kit Pack The bundles the following with the Talara-32 unit: Keyguard Set (overlay retainer, 2, 4 col, 4 quad, 8, 16 and 32 location), and a Universal Carry Bag.
Click here for Talara-32 keyguards and carrying case.
|Keyboard size||29.2 cm W x 19.7 cm H (11.5 × 7.75”)|
|Smallest individual key size||2.9 cm square (1.125”)|
|Key operating force||113 grams (4 oz)|
|Number of keys||32 maximum|
|Enlarged key patterns||2×1, 4×1, 2×2, 2×4, 4×4|
|Scanning options||Visual modes for single switch access: manual-linear and inverse, automatic linear, row-column|
|User accessible functions||Volume Control, Levels|
|Speaker||7.6 cm (3 in) internal permanent magnet speaker|
|Recording time||45 minutes|
|Recording time per message||Not limited|
|Maximum number of messages||127 (4 levels of 32, less one)|
|Battery pack||Removable 4 x AA Alkaline or rechargeable|
|Battery duration||8 hours continuous sound output|
|Ergonomic wedge shape||Wedge shape, with the front height being 1.3 cm (1/2”) and the back height being 6.4 cm (2.5”)|
|Weight||0.8 kg (1.75 lbs)|
|Mounting||Threaded holes on bottom|
- Talara-32 Manual (2.9 MB)
Talara-32 is targeted at the following age ranges:
- All Ages
Talara-32 is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Use of assistive technology
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
Add items to your shopping list for creating an online quote, or purchasing them securely online.
Simply "tick" the boxes next to each item then click "Add Selected Items to List".
Freight free shipping anywhere within Australia or New Zealand!
Prices are listed in Australian Dollars