SuperTalker Progressive Communicator
A communication device that's as flexible as you need to be
New version with new colour, improved sound and up to 25% more battery life! Available now!
The SuperTalker Progressive Communicator is a powerful, yet easy to use voice output device designed to grow with your student. Unlike most personal communication tools on the market, SuperTalker can be configured in one, two, four and eight grid formats eliminating the need for your student to learn a new device as his or her needs change and abilities grow.
“The SuperTalker is easy to use and the self-storing keyguards and overlays helps to keep them from getting lost. Great concepts AbleNet!” K. James, OTR, Technology Resource Consultant, CA, USA
What’s more, SuperTalker Progressive Communicator features 16 minutes of recording time and a total of eight levels of messaging capability. SuperTalker is even equipped with a special switch jack to allow single switch users to access a sequence of messages before learning to make their own selections. And Assistive Technology Specialists will find the SuperTalker particularly useful as a portable assessment tool.
- The SuperTalker Communicator can serve as a single message device for beginning communicators. Pre-record a single message to match your student’s daily activities and environments.
- The two-grid format provides choice-making opportunities that your students can use throughout the day.
- With four-grid formats, the SuperTalker Communicator can provide curriculum-specific messages so your student is ready to participate in any classroom activity.
- For advanced communicators, it expands to an eight-grid format that allows new opportunities for communication. With eight message choices, your students can partake in social scripting, conversational turn-taking and peer interaction.
The SuperTalker Progressive Communicator has all these great features:
- Crystal clear sound
- 16 minutes of recording time with variable message lengths
- 8 levels/8 overlays
- Selectable 1, 2, 4 and 8 grid formats
- Keyguards for 1, 2, 4 and 8 grids
- Step-ahead jack for single switch sequential message access
- 8 input jacks for single switch access to any specific location
- 2 toy/appliance output jacks
- Volume control with lockout feature
- Built-in keyguard storage
- Mounting capability
- Uses 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Compatible with Boardmaker overlay software
- Optional travel strap (AbleNet Travel Strap Shoulder Mount)
Click here for examples of using the SuperTalker Progressive Communicator.
Click here to check out the AbleNet Communication Tools Comparison Chart to see how this device compares with others in the AbleNet range.
Click here to learn more about FUNctional Ideas on using a voice-output communication device.
Optional SuperTalker Accessories
- SuperTalker Adjustable Stand
- SuperTalker Leather Carry Bag
Videos about SuperTalker
View / Download
- Integrating Low-Tech into Your 21st Century Classroom (2.5 MB)
- SuperTalker Specifications
- SuperTalker Quick Start Guide
- Boardmaker Overlays for SuperTalker – Windows version
- Boardmaker Overlays for SuperTalker – Mac version
- PDF Overlays for SuperTalker
- Remarkable Idea: Bowling Fun For All (675 KB)
- Remarkable Idea: Let’s Make Hot Chocolate (541 KB)
- Remarkable Idea: The Mystery of the Missing Key (700 KB)
SuperTalker Progressive Communicator is targeted at the following age ranges:
- All Ages
SuperTalker Progressive Communicator is designed to foster development in the areas of:
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
Add items to your shopping list for creating an online quote, or purchasing them securely online.
Simply "tick" the boxes next to each item then click "Add Selected Items to List".
Freight free shipping anywhere within Australia or New Zealand!
Prices are listed in Australian Dollars