Crick USB Switch Interface
by Crick Software
Plug switches into your computer via a USB port on Windows or Mac computers
Works with Clicker 5 and higher, Jigworks, ClozePro and most switch accessible software
Crick USB Switch Interface sets the standard in ease of use and flexibility by automatically detecting the software you are using and setting up the switches for you. With over 10,000 in use, it is certainly one of the world’s favourite switch interfaces!
“I must compliment Crick on the USB Switch Interface. I’m so pleased that somebody finally got it right as far as switch interfaces go. Congratulations.” – Bill Lynn, Simtech Publications
“I’ve used several switch boxes but I consider the Crick USB Switch interface to be the best. It’s simple to use and set up and it always works.” – Steve Linehan, ICT Technician, Stephen Hawking School
The latest version of the database of switch accessible software titles at www.switchindex.com, is downloaded automatically to your computer whenever you are connected to the Internet, and it’s easy to add more titles if they do not appear in this Crick Software database.
Features and Benefits
- Plug and Play
The Crick USB Switch Box sets the standard in ease of use and flexibility. There’s no setting up to do – just connect the box to your Windows or Mac computer, add your switch or switches and go!
- Fully supported by all Crick Software applications
Free technical support at Crick Software. Read more about accessing Crick Software applications with switches…
- Works with practically all accessible software
You can have any key press or mouse click you like for each switch.
- Automatically detects the software you are using
Sets itself up automatically when you open a new program.
- Small footprint with no-nonsense interface
Ideal size for classroom environments – no buttons to get accidentally pressed!
- Detachable 2 metre USB lead
The long lead gives flexibility in the positioning of your students, and can easily be replaced if damaged.
- Quick and easy software installation, with no pre-requisites
Installation takes less than 30 seconds, and the software uses a tiny amount of memory.
- Add settings for your favourite applications quickly and easily
The software can capture key presses or combination key presses; mouse clicks, double-clicks and mouse drags; you can even set up your switches to open other applications!
- Works on all Windows and Mac computers
- Fully standards compliant
Bears both CE and FCC marks showing complete standards compliance.
The Crick USB Switch Interface package is made up of:
- Crick USB switch box
- USB lead
- User manual
- Software CD containing USBKeys2 software
“…Our preference is definitely for the Crick USB Switch Interface. This offers settings for all bits of switch software we’ve tried, switches are easy to set once the principles are understood, it’s reliable and easy to tuck out of the way on cluttered workstations.” – (from the ACE Centre North website)
- PC with Windows 98 or higher including Windows 8
- Mac with OS X up to 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- a USB port
Crick USB Switch Interface is targeted at the following age ranges:
- All Ages
Crick USB Switch Interface is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Switch use
For more information on "Crick USB Switch Interface" read the following articles:
- Clicker 5 Preview by Special Educational Needs Information Technology (SENIT, pdf)
- Clicker 5 - Winner at the Grid, Times Educational Supplement, January 2005 (pdf)
- Clicker 5 Review - Part 1
- Clicker 5 Review by Rik Ludlow, "The ICT Guide" section, Special Magazine, August 2005 (pdf 1.2 MB)
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
Add items to your shopping list for creating an online quote, or purchasing them securely online.
Simply "tick" the boxes next to each item then click "Add Selected Items to List".
Freight free shipping anywhere within Australia or New Zealand!
Prices are listed in Australian Dollars