Battery Device Adapters
Connect switches to any off-the-shelf battery-operated devices
Toys and simple devices are often used to introduce switches because they are highly motivating and educational. Watching a child operate a toy using a battery adapter and a switch can help establish whether they understand cause and effect: that is, they know that the switch press causes the device to operate. Moving toys are also good for group work; the child can press to send the toy to a friend.
Professionally manufactured for durability with a 0.32mm (1/8”) monoplug for connecting switches to battery operated devices.
Battery Device Adapters can be used to connect switches to any off-the-shelf battery-operated devices that require AA, C, or D batteries.
Take control in these easy steps:
- Open the battery compartment
- Place the copper disk of the Battery Device Adapter between a battery and the contact in the toy or appliance
- Use a Notching File to make a notch in the battery compartment cover where the Battery Device Adapter wire exits when closed
- Be sure that the Battery Device Adapter wire exits the compartment through the notch, and close the battery compartment
- Plug a switch into your Switch Latch and Timer or directly to the Battery Device Adapter
- Turn on the device. It’s now switch-adapted!
(Battery-operated devices can be activated without the Switch Latch and Timer, but only in the direct mode of control.)
Videos about Battery Device Adapters
- Battery Device Adapter Manual (pdf 230 KB)
Battery Device Adapters is targeted at the following age ranges:
- All Ages
Battery Device Adapters is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Switch use
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
Add items to your shopping list for creating an online quote, or purchasing them securely online.
Simply "tick" the boxes next to each item then click "Add Selected Items to List".
Freight free shipping anywhere within Australia or New Zealand!
Prices are listed in Australian Dollars