Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 USB Edition for Windows - Discontinued
by Kurzweil Educational Systems
Access Kurzweil 3000 on any Windows computer without installing any software!
Shelf Stock Clearance - Existing stock now available at this reduced price while stocks last!
Take the power of Kurzweil 3000 for Windows with you! With Kurzweil 3000 USB for Windows, students and teachers can access Kurzweil 3000 on any Windows computer without installing any software!
By delivering Kurzweil 3000 on a USB flash drive, users are able to gain immediate access to Kurzweil 3000 features without installing the program on computers.
“Hearing text read aloud by the computer is exceptionally important for ESL/EFL students, who rarely receive enough spoken input. Kurzweil 3000 reads word-processed documents, e-mail, scanned text, even Web pages. And it has excellent study tools: students can look up words in a glossary, highlight text, and create notes – and save it all into a built-in word processor for later review.” Dr. Elizabeth Hanson – Smith, Professor Emeritus, California State University, Sacramento, CA, USA
Key Benefits of the USB Edition
- For Struggling Students
- Gain productivity benefits as the Kurzweil tools are always with the students
- Easily use Kurzweil 3000 at home or on other non-school computers
- Work wherever, whenever, and at the students’ own pace
- Save files and user settings (2.6GB of available storage) – saving files on the USB flash drive enables students to have ready access to their important files regardless of what computer they are using
- For Teachers
- Gain immediate access to Kurzweil tools for students and teachers alike – without depending on others to install software
- No installation of software necessary
- Use Kurzweil 3000 on virtually any Windows computer – even at home
- Bring Kurzweil 3000 to demonstrate at IEP meetings with parents
- For IT Directors
- No installation of software necessary – less effort (if any) in supporting software installations
- Provides an easy way to move software from one classroom or lab to another so that a limited number of licenses can be used anywhere in the school without having to install it on a network
- Enable students and teachers to use software at home
Note: Kurzweil 3000 USB for Windows will not require having administrator privileges to run.
What ‘s included in your Kurzweil 3000 for Windows Version 13 package?
- USB Edition: Box, V13 Box Insert USB, V13 Serial Number – SA, V13 USB 4GB Swivel Drive, V13 USB Doc CD, USB Lanyard, IS-eContent Card
Minimum System Requirements for Kurzweil 3000 USB Edition
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (64-bit compatible)
- Processor: 1.3 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB (1GB for 64-bit Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- Video Memory: 4 MB
- USB 2 port
- Display: 1024×768 24-bit colour or better
- Additional Requirements: DVD drive, keyboard, mouse, SoundBlaster 16-bit compatible sound card, speakers, microphone, TWAIN-compatible scanner for scanning (check scanner compatibility), Mozilla Firefox v3.5 or later or Microsoft Internet Explorer v7 or later for Read the Web functionality, Internet connection required for activation, Web Licensing and some features (Google Translate, Online Book Search, Read the Web, etc.)
View / Download
- Research Paper: Scientifically Based Research Validating Kurzweil 3000 – An Annotated Review of Research Supporting the Use of Kurzweil 3000 in English Language Learner Classrooms
- Research Paper: Scientifically Based Research Validating Kurzweil 3000 – An Annotated Review of Current Research Supporting the Use of Kurzweil 3000 in the Classroom (328 KB)
- Kurzweil 3000 Supports Universal Design for Learning (180 KB)
- Five reasons to purchase Kurzweil 3000 (2 MB)
- Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 for Windows Information Sheet (1.3 MB)
- Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 for Windows Getting Started (739 KB)
- Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 for Windows Quick Reference Guide (3.4 MB)
- Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 for Windows Standalone Installation and Administration Guide (678 KB)
- Kurzweil 3000 for Windows Network Installation and Administration Guide (1.3 MB)
- Kurzweil 3000 for Windows Web License Guide (1.6 MB)
- Kurzweil 3000 User Group Discussion List Sign Up
- Kurzweil 3000 Success Stories…
- Resources for use with Kurzweil 3000…
Online Training and Webinars
- Free Webinars by Cambium Learning Technologies
Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 USB Edition for Windows is targeted at the following age ranges:
- Mid Primary
- Upper Primary
- Secondary School
Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 USB Edition for Windows is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Study Skills
Users can access Kurzweil 3000 Version 13 USB Edition for Windows in the following ways:
- Mouse/ Trackball/ Joystick
- Single Switch
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit:
Add items to your shopping list for creating an online quote, or purchasing them securely online.
Simply "tick" the boxes next to each item then click "Add Selected Items to List".
Freight free shipping anywhere within Australia or New Zealand!
Prices are listed in Australian Dollars