We all know and love ChooseIt!Maker products and enjoy the ease at which we can create activities with photos, symbols, text and sounds to address the curriculum or specific skill areas such as:
- cause and effect
- literacy, numeracy and science
- sound lotto and matching
- reward music choice boards
- question and answers
- comprehension of “wh” questions and concepts
- problem solving
- quizzes and so much more…
You can use ChooseIt! Maker products with a touchscreen computer, interactive whiteboard, switch access, head mouse or eye gaze. Read below for some links to help you get started with switch and eye gaze access.
However, we have so many options available with ChooseIt! Maker that it can be difficult to know which one you would use and where!
If you don’t have easy internet access and can meet the computer requirements (Windows 7, Vista, XP x32 and x86 operating systems only) then choose ChooseIt Maker 2 (CM2). You can also use the Ready-Mades without having CM2 and access 100s of extra activities.
- ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Literacy Series
- ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Numeracy Series
- ChooseIt! Ready-Mades Science Series
Access to the internet is now stronger and wider than it has ever been before. So if you do have the internet access and want to use ChooseIt! Maker anywhere, on any computer, and at any time then choose a ChooseIt!Maker 3 (CM3) subscription.
I created a quick 11 minute video to show you how flexible and easy it is to create different activities.
You can also use the ChooseIt! Maker 3 app to play any of the activities you have created with your CM3 subscription!
The latest apps for iPad and Android give you access to the Ready-Mades I mentioned earlier.
Resources for developing switching or eye gaze skills
- 101+ ideas for using the Big Mack or other single message communication devices
- 101+ ideas to use a sequential message AAC device to access the curriculum
- Cha’s Delicious bookmarks for online and software activities
- Switching to Success
- Switch Assessment considerations
- Switch Progression Road Map
- Linda Burkhart’s Stepping Stones to Switching Success
Switch interfaces for a computer
- HelpKidzLearn EasySwitch – wireless switch option with lots of modes
- Crick USB Switch Interface – has 4 switch ports that you can assign and customise key presses using USB Keys2 software
- Simple Switch Box – will work with any activity that uses “space” and “enter” key presses
iPad switch interfaces